Saturday, July 22, 2006

Swimming at Suntec City

Breakfast with Ben. After which, he has a minor emergency at his workplace to attend.

Which allowed me to make a brunch appointment, as Peggy was so kind to pencil me in for a 1-2hrs audience amidst her busy weekend schedule. She was meeting some gym friends for a swim later.

And as it happened... I had my trunks and goggles with me... Me and my Camelbak, we're always prepared. (Maybe I'll introduce my RimRunner one of these days.)

There's a quiet swimming pool secreted away in one corner of Suntec City, available to Planet Fitness members. I managed to sneak in with them, and had a good 15 laps around the pool. Used to swim daily a few years ago when I was staying at an apartment with pool facilities. Miss the swimming a lot.

Then, a heavy tea, before Peggy has a seminar to be at.

I had a bit of time to kill before meeting up with Ben, SimLoong and Ravinder for dinner. So popped over to Paradigm Infinitum at Midpoint Orchard. Picked up some Trenchers miniatures that a friend asked me to get. Also found a good pin-vice and some Tamiya epoxy putty. Nice!

It's the last days of the Great Singapore Sale, and I glimpsed a newspaper ad that Borders was doing a 20% off store-wide discount. Couldn't resist. Although I'm able to get nearly everything I want to read off the net already, there's still a few things I've not been able to find. Tried to look for Story by Robert McKee, but I was out of luck... It'll cost RM140 at the Borders back in KL...

Dinner at Plaza Singapura. With almost all the Hanoi group. And appropriately, we had Vietnamese cuisine. We got the Buy 2 Get 1 Free set meal courtesy of HSBC creditcard. Very cool. But the pig trotters... Bah, can never compare to Sibu.

After dinner entertainment, we adjourned to SimLoong's new pad, moved in just this month. Pretty sweet digs. Very nice pool. Very nice big screen LCD TV.

Quite forgot to check out his SGD$1500 vacuum cleaner. That's like, half the price of my car! On a vacuum cleaner!

No comments: