Sunday, July 23, 2006

Old Classmates

Had lunch with some classmates from those distant days of Brunei.

These were people I never even bothered to talk to when we were primary classmates in Chung Hwa, BSB.

And after moving on to another school in secondary, I had no contact with these ex-classmates... Except the one time I went back to Chung Hwa in sec 3, representing St. Andrew's for the National Science Quiz, and went to trounce my old school. Very very soundly, I'm afraid.

Then a couple of years ago, via Friendster and MSN... somehow I got back in touch with a couple of old friends. And this trip to Singapore, I made it part of my agenda to catch hold of those few who have moved to Singapore in these long intervening years.

Caught up with Jessica Siong (a girl I remembered sitting next to in pri 5, I think), Chee Min (a face I remember from the yearbook, but I don't even remember ever having spoken to her in class), JeeYung (name is familiar, but no remarkable memory), and FuXiang (unknown to me, but was from ChungHwa too).

Some of these faces, I've not seen in 18years...

Spent hours talking while eating at New York New York, a new place at City Link. Food was so so.


Right after lunch, I then had to head to my tea appointment with Karen and young Daniel at Borders.

After tea, it was off to Kallang, where Peggy was having a crab party for a number of friends. Was a good dinner of excellent crabs with excellent company.

No comments: