Friday, July 21, 2006

THIS IS A GOOD DAY!!

So I didn't get much sleep today.

Will be heading down to Singapore, and imposing myself on the hospitality of friends. Only fitting that I prepare some manner of gift or another. If I have a guava orchard, I'll gladly bring some citrus to share. But since I don't, I share other fruits of my labours...

Such as the Clerks DVD that I hunted down years ago. Spent a couple of hours to rip the video from the DVD and converted it into an Divx avi file. Such a task requires a collection of tools to accomplish, and the best of breed Swiss knife for the task is Gordian Knot. You can get lovely results from this.

Popped it into my portable harddisk.
...still plenty of space left over...
...let's give some Asterix comics...
...maybe Ben can appreciate Kingdom Come too...
...some Coupling episodes... even the final Jeff-free season...
...and padded the rest with Family Guy...

1am...

A few hours of sleep...

Around 4am, Julian and his two Mrs Lee's came down.

They've got an early morning flight to Cambodia. Tried my best to accomodate them with what guest mattresses I have. It'll only be a few hours nap before...

...7am, awake and drive everyone down to KLIA LCCT.

Tried to investigate alternative routes on the way back, and saved almost rm10 in toll.

Moved Julian's beatiful Nissan Sentra into a condo carpark, safe from villianous eyes.


Then, after lunch, divine love just didn't stop giving!

I received my first order from Privateer Press!!

For all the 'work' I had been doing teaching players how to play WarMachine, and for organsing tournaments etc... I've finally been rewarded!

Got my first PressGanger T-Shirt.

A box of these:














And one each of these:

























As if this wasn't enough...

I got another FedEx package less than an hour later...

A brand new 120GB harddisk!! I had just sent the dead disk a few days ago. And here the replacement had already arrived!!

Lucky I had bought Western Digital, the only HD that was giving 3 yr warranties at the time. The warranty expires NEXT MONTH. Kinda lucky that it died when it did. Not so lucky for my collection of shows on that harddisk. Although, there's nothing irreplaceable. Lucky.

No comments: