Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Joker x4

Just came back from a holiday in Hanoi.

There's a bit of back-log at work, but not as much as I feared. Still, it'll take a few days to take care of them before I can begin blogging at work.

I took a few notes during the trip. And in the days to come, I can begin to serialise my trip.

Won't be a lot of pictures here though...

I didn't pack my camera.

I carried a single back-pack, with 7.5kg of clothing, a toothbrush, 10 AA alkaline batteries, and a small sleeping-bag.

No toothpaste. No razor. No books. No PDA. No phone. No charger. No camera. The only electronics I brought was a wrist-watch and my GPS receiver.

It was a 9 day holiday, with 3 old buddies, whom I will proceed to introduce...

Benjamin Chua, http://tehtariksatu.blogspot.com.

President of this photography club, favours artistically framed shots.
Fussy eater. What's the big deal with boiled dog?


Ravinder Singh
Favours panoramic shots.
Master of the irrelevant, irreverant comments.


Wee Loong
The man for soulful portrait shots.
The chief reason that made this holiday most enjoyable. Teaching him to play Bridge was a non-stop laugh-fest worthy of a Monty Python skit.
Gets into verbal duels with 8 yr old girls.

Norman Chuo
No camera. GPS navigator. Keeps the group moving in the right direction.
The enemy of class. Sneaks yau-char-kuei into Parisian-themed cafes. Gets gas-y after certain foods.


There are many advantages to travel in a group of four. Taxis. Room arrangements. Sleeping berths on the train. But most importantly: Bridge!


The Holiday:
Day 0: Getting to Singapore
Day 1: The Flight
Day 2: The City
Day 3: The Sea
Day 4: The Train
Day 5: The Trek to Mt Fansipan
Day 6: The Tribes
Day 7: The Kidnapping
Day 8: The Bulge
Day 9: The Return

No comments: