Thursday, January 05, 2006

New Year Resolutions

Finally getting a bit of time in the office to ramble a bit... There's a few installations that I can't proceed cos the GM of the site is receiving commission from an existing service, and I can't go in to install another service (at the instruction of a different boss apparently) until the manager can finesse the situation first.

That's doing business in Malaysia...

Was about to write something silly about why I can't get the word Mango -(I just love wikipedia, it's even got helpful tips on how to slice a mango)- on my mobile phone's T9 predictive text dictionary, whereas words like Klingon, Kirk, Picard etc are in. Yet, Skywalker, Jedi, Yoda are absent while Jabba & Hutt are in...

Go try it. Every mobile in the world is using the same dictionary.

Like I said, that was a little too silly, even for this blog...


Anyway, it's 2006, and time to make some new year resolutions.

I'm not very ambitious, so I won't bother with the old cliches that are bound to fail anyway, like exercising or eating healthy etc...

So my one resolution is: to remove the word F*** from my verbal vocabulary.


I've been profanity-free for more than 28yrs. The F*** word only popped spontaneously into my mouth when I looked Death in the face a couple of months ago.

On a dark night, in an un-lit residential estate off Jln Ipoh, I brought my car to a complete stop at a dark intersection. I was particularly careful. After almost a year of driving in KL, I've become very jaded and always wary of idiots on the road.

True enough, as I stopped, a car came into view from the right, at speed. Any self-loving fool will not be driving that fast in a dark residential area like that. But this was an uncommon, f***ing retard.

He suddenly cornered straight into my lane, barely caught himself in time, and missed me by inches. The car was coming right at the driver's seat. Another 12 inches, and his bloody machine would have smashed through my door and into me.

In that split second, realising that my life might be ended so ungraciously by the bastard son of a poxy whore, only one word came to my lips. No other words was more suitable to express the burning anger that I felt, seeing my life about to be taken so unjustly.

It's odd to realise that in my near-final moments, I was not feeling peace, nor regret. Just a burning anger that I deserved a better way to die.


Anyway, so that's how F*** entered my verbal language, and now, it's going out.

No comments: