Saturday, November 11, 2006

New Toys

My credit card was billed for a shipment 3 and a half weeks ago, and I was expecting a package from Privateer Press. It's going to be my latest care package from them, rewarding me for the effort I put in running WARMACHINE tournaments and demos in KL.

The last time, the package didn't take this long to arrive, and I was getting really anxious. Especially when the Malaysian postmen have this habit of leaving your packages simply anywhere.

When I put my office as the delivery address, the postmen frequently just left stuff in the stairwell leading up to my office on the 1st floor. Good thing that my colleague takes frequent ciggie breaks, and would come across my packages before somebody comes along and takes them. This time, I had it delivered to my friend's house. As his mom-in-law would be home most days, and will be quite likely to meet the postman.

Anyways, after weeks of anxiety, I finally got a message from my friend that it's here!! The postman had left it sitting on the gate.

Another close call... But it's finally here!!

This is a particularly big package, cos I ordered a box of Iron Fang Uhlans. This will cost RM240 in Malaysia... for 36 bits of metal. My next project is to turn this:

picture-383.jpg

into:

lrg-142-33043_iron_fang_uhlans_box_set.jpg

Directly after I picked up these goodies, I headed to Settler's Cafe, where I'm running a WARMACHINE tournament there.

A small number of players turned up. But it's just the right number for a nice friendly game. I've written up the tournament report in an email newsletter that I've started up for the WM community in Malaysia.

Settler's has become very WM friendly. Which is great, cos it's very close to my apartment, and there are always people to talk crap with or to play a few games. Two of their staff plays too. And they have been personally responsible for corrupting at least 3 new players.

And it looks like the WM tourney at Settler's will turn into a regular monthly event.

No comments: