Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We live in interesting times

Was optimistically waiting for a correction in the price of gold, so that I can buy more... But apparently that didn't happen.

It just kept rising and rising. At the point of writing, it's moving towards 675usd/oz. I'm looking at a 20% returns on my investment in just 40 days. Should have bought more, is what I'm thinking now... But will there be a correction soon?

Iran doesn't look like it's going to kiss and make up anytime soon. They just need to spout some rhetoric, and oil prices will jump. Read this.

And the USD just can't seem to pull itself out of a death spiral it seems. But that isn't necessarily bad news for all.
This is the conversion rate chart for USD to MYR. The Ringgit is looking better and better, isn't it? Although I'm not sure this is such great news either. So glad that I converted my USD to AUD just before this.

Not that anything will matter much in the long run. I still believe that I'll see China as the next superpower in my lifetime. (Although, I'm making some broad assumptions with my definition of "lifetime", considering that Israel and Iran are staring daggers at each other, and Iran is so keen on having their new toys.)

Do you have gold yet?

No comments: