Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Settler's Cafe, PJ

On 1st May, the first Settler's Cafe franchise opened in Malaysia.

Address: 32, Jln SS22/21 Damansara Jaya.

It's around The Atria, on the row of shoplots that is facing Giant's loading bay... The same row as the Michelin auto-shop.

It'll be opening from 2pm-11pm daily. Serving food, drinks, and lots of boardgames. Antike included!!!


A whole bunch of loyal Wolf's Game Shop supporters showed up on opening night and packed the place. I taught a bunch of guys to play Antike and managed to get two games in before we lost our numbers to the lateness of the hour and to other games. I won another game, bringing my win/loss record to 2/2. Both times that I try to go militaristic, I can't win.... This is a challenge that I must crack....


The Settler's Cafe is a quiet, family-friendly environment (unless there's a rousing game of Antike going on...) with polite, if not a little eccentric, staffs. I've seen most of them in their natural, uninhibited environment: they're a barrel of laughs most times, and it's almost disconcerting seeing them in a more sombre setting running a business.

No comments: