Monday, December 04, 2006

Zanussi

Been agonizing for more than a year how to fix up my cooking area.

Didn't want the stove in my house, cos I didn't want a cooking hood. So it has to be in the washing area.

As a temporary solution, I used a crappy table a tenant left behind, lay out the top with ceramic tiles left over from bathroom repair jobs the building engineers did, and tossed a hob on top of it.

Been that way for more than two years. Always had the intention of building up a proper platform and popping a hob in. There's just the question of whether I *CAN* figure out how to work with cement to do up a mini counter top in an alcove in the washing balcony.

Then recently, in a casual perusal of the forums, I came across a garage sale notice.

A Zanussi 4-hob cooker with electric oven.

picture-403r.jpg

Very nice condition. And the oven has hardly even been used!

RM550.

Just a pity that the seller realised at the last moment that he had left a gas tank inside. Else it would have been a steal.

Had to get Moses to use his Atoz to help me transport this back. The stove just barely slipped in his boot with half a cm to spare.
This should finally complete my kitchen... After I'm able to toss out the old hob. If I'm able to find the time to clean it up and polish the careless grime on it, I should still be able to fetch a decent price on it.

I'm harbouring no delusions of baking. But I can offer the use of the oven to friends. And exact a tax from whatever they're baking... Ha ha!

And there's a turn-spit for the oven too. So I could ohways woast a wabbit or swomething.