Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Melbourne in Summer

This is my second time in Melbourne.

The first time was several years ago, in winter. Yet somehow, I don't remember being quite so miserable the last time. 14-27 degrees Celsius isn't my idea of a summer. And there's the wind chill factor...

But cold is relative. I still got more than a fair stare of half exposed bosoms in the streets of Melbourne.


Enough with the reminescing...

Am in Melbourne this time around with my parents to attend my sis' convocation. Was going to be a nice family thing. Then four other relatives wanted to come along, since they aren't literally equipped to navigate international travel without help, and this was a rare opportunity for them. Thus it became a circus.


We wasted no time doing the touristy stuff. Started with a picnic at the Dandenong Mountains. An interesting picnic spot because of the 'wild' birds there. They've no fear of people, and will eagerly perch on your arms for sunflower seeds. Makes for interesting photos and picnic companions. But if you're not careful, they'll nibble at your macadamia cookies as well.

No comments: